What you need to know
- No access will be allowed until a delegated officer has conducted a site inspection.
- Approvals can only be granted through a delegated member of Council’s Technical Services Team. Contact 02 9843 0193 for further details or to check the progress of your assessment.
- The online application (below) must be completed if requiring access through public land.
- Following an assessment, council will confirm in writing receipt of bond and application fee. Keys will be allocated upon initial inspection.
- The application is subject to approval and conditions.
For any enquiries regarding access through Council reserves, please call 02 9843 0193.
Conditions of Hire
- The Reserve must not be crossed in wet weather without the prior permission of Council’s Manager – Technical Services.
- Approval must be granted by Council by way of return letter prior to gaining access.
- Request for access must be notified to Council with two weeks notice to enable inspection and approval.
- Payment of an Administration Fee is required prior to access (as per Council’s Schedule of Fees and Charges)
- Payment of a Bond (determined by Council) - minimum of $1545 and an application fee of $238, prior to access.
- Should a key be required, this will be distributed on initial inspection & receipt of confirmation letter.
- The Reserve and surrounding area is not to be used for the storage of vehicles, machinery or building materials.
- Trees, vegetation and concrete is to be protected from damage.
- Evidence is to be provided prior to commencement of works of your possession and or the contractor’s possession of a Public Risk/Liability Insurance Policy with an indemnity of not less than $10M covering the proposed works.
- Application for refund of the bond must be in writing quoting Council’s receipt number. If the site has sustained any damage the applicant will be invoiced accordingly and once this invoice has been paid the bond will be refunded.
Please note: following completion of this application please contact Council on 02 9843 0555 to arrange or confirm payment of the Bond (minimum of $1545) and Application Fee ($238). Payment options are listed below.
Please contact Council on 02 9843 0555 to arrange or confirm payment of the Bond and Application Fee before access will be granted.
Phone - The Hills Shire Council Contact Centre on +61 2 9843 0555 during telephone hours (8am – 4.30pm 5 days a week)
Mail - to The Hills Shire Council, PO Box 7064, Norwest 2153 using this Credit Card Form - Payment_by_credit_card_for_mailled.pdf(PDF, 416KB)
In Person - The Hills Shire Council Main Administration Building - 3 Columbia Court, Norwest NSW 2153.
Administration Centre Hours - 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
The information that Council has collected, or is collecting from you is private information for the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIPA).
The intended recipients of the private information are:
- Officers within the Council,
- Data service providers engaged by the Council;
- Any other agent or contractor of the Council; and
- Other Statutory Authorities
The supply of the information by you is not voluntary. If you cannot provide or do no wish to provide the information sought,
the Council may be limited in dealing with your request.
Council has collected this information from you to process your application or complaint.
You may make application for access or amendment to information held by Council. You may also seek Council to suppress your private information from a public register. Council will consider any such application under the PPIPA.
Council is the agency that holds the information. Questions about this matter should be directed to the Privacy Officer on 02 9843 0122.