Sportsground Wet Weather Status
Current Field Status
All Grounds are OPEN
- The above message is the current advice.
- Ground conditions are only reviewed daily from Monday to Friday.
- This web page is usually updated if required (by 3pm approx) and will only be updated if the situation changes from the previous advice (usually due to wet weather or field maintenance).
- During inclement weather information regarding sports ground closures will also be posted on Twitter
Why has Council closed the Sports Ground?
Council decides to close grounds based on:
- The potential for injury to players.
- The sport played and the potential for damage to the playing surface.
- The weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology.
- The condition of the ground when inspected.
What does open at Clubs' discretion mean?
This means grounds are open if the club determines it is safe to play and the potential for damage to the playing surface is minimal.
In instances where Council information has deemed all grounds open, clubs or umpires and referees may choose to close specific grounds to prevent injury to players. When this occurs, club representatives should erect the grounds closed sign and contact the affected visiting clubs and teams.
Grounds closures can occur at short notice.
Neither sporting clubs nor Parks 355 Management Committees have authority to approve the use of sporting grounds when Council has closed the grounds. Clubs or schools using closed fields will be liable for the full cost of repairs and may lose their licence agreement with Council.