Off-Leash Dog Parks
Designated off-leash or free run areas are at the following reserves:
- Balcombe Heights Reserve, Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills (within the fenced area)
- Connie Lowe Reserve, Adelphi Street, Rouse Hill (within the fenced area)
- Coolong Reserve, Coolong Street, Castle Hill (within the fenced area)
- Crestwood Reserve, Peel Road, Baulkham Hills (within the fenced area)
- Castle Hill Showground (lower dog arenas) - please note lower dog arenas to be generally off-leash for all dogs at all times. However when formal training or competitions organised by Clubs or Associations are taking place, only participating dogs may be off-leash.
In all other parks and public places dogs must be on-leash at all times.
Some free run areas may have time restrictions in place to protect the amenity of adjoining residences.
All dogs within a designated off-leash area must be supervised.
This person MUST:
- Be a competent person over 16 years of age
- Be able to control the dog/s by voice command
- Remove and dispose of all dog waste
- Have no more than four dogs under their control
- Not allow restricted breeds or dogs declared as dangerous to use off-leash areas
Under the terms of the Companion Animals Act (s14) the following public places are prohibited for dogs off OR on-leash:
- Within 10 metres of children's playground equipment
- Within 10 metres of food preparation areas such as public barbeques and kiosks
- Active recreation areas such as sports fields, ovals and courts (during the playing of organised sport)
- Public bathing areas
- School grounds unless with the permission of the principal
- Child care centres unless with the permission of the director
- Shopping areas unless with permission
Council has also resolved to monitor the presence of dogs in bushland reserves and report any affects upon biodiversity.