Request a Development Application Pre-lodgement Meeting
Please note that this webpage is for Development Application Pre-lodgements only. To amend the Local Environmental Plan please visit the planning proposal pre-lodgement meetings page.
A formal Development Application pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for larger scale or more complex developments.
If you need advice about Council regulations that might affect your single residential or ancillary development, Council’s Lodgement & Enquiries Team can assist you to understand the application process requirements. More information is available here.
About Formal Development Application Pre-Lodgement Meetings
A formal Development Application pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for the following types of larger scale or more complex developments:
- Residential flat buildings
- Multi dwelling housing development
- Small lot housing (Refer to Clause 4.1B Exceptions to minimum lot sizes for certain residential development of The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012)
- Affordable Rental Housing (not Secondary Dwellings)
- Seniors Living developments
- Child Care Centres
- New or extensions/alterations to commercial developments
- New or extensions/alterations to industrial buildings
- Designated development
- Telecommunications Facilities
- Larger scale rural activities
- Subdivision proposals (as outlined above).
Single residential developments and ancillary construction issues should be discussed with Council’s Lodgement & Enquiries Team. Please call 02 9843 0555 then press '2' when prompted.
Subdivision and Engineering related enquires directed to Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer on 02 9843 0374.
Generally, any subdivision application requires a pre-lodgement meeting. It is suggested that you contact Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer to clarify whether a pre-lodgement meeting is required.
Book a Development Application pre-lodgement meeting
Click here to view form.