Pre-lodgement Meeting Request

For small-scale development, an informal pre-lodgement meeting with the Town Planning Customer Service Officer at Council’s Customer Service Centre should be held to identify relevant issues.

It is not necessary to book an appointment.

Single residential developments and ancillary construction issues should be discussed with Council’s Building Surveyor Customer Services Officer and Subdivision and Engineering related enquires directed to Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer.

Generally, any subdivision application requires a pre-lodgement meeting. It is suggested that you contact Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer to clarify whether a pre-lodgement meeting is required.

A formal pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for the following types of larger scale or more complex developments:

  • Residential flat buildings
  • Multi dwelling housing development
  • Small lot housing (Refer to Clause 4.1B Exceptions to minimum lot sizes for certain residential development of The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012)
  • Affordable Rental Housing (not Secondary Dwellings)
  • Seniors Living developments
  • Child Care Centres
  • New or extensions/alterations to commercial developments
  • New or extensions/alterations to industrial buildings
  • Designated development
  • Telecommunications Facilities
  • Larger scale rural activities
  • Subdivision proposals (as outlined above).

Click here to view form.