Pre-lodgement Meeting Request
A formal pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for larger scale or more complex developments.
If you need advice about Council regulations that might affect your smaller building or development projects, everything from garden sheds to granny flats, Council's Development Advisor can assist you to understand the application process requirements. More information and bookings are available here.
About Formal Pre-Lodgement Meetings
A formal pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for the following types of larger scale or more complex developments:
- Residential flat buildings
- Multi dwelling housing development
- Small lot housing (Refer to Clause 4.1B Exceptions to minimum lot sizes for certain residential development of The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012)
- Affordable Rental Housing (not Secondary Dwellings)
- Seniors Living developments
- Child Care Centres
- New or extensions/alterations to commercial developments
- New or extensions/alterations to industrial buildings
- Designated development
- Telecommunications Facilities
- Larger scale rural activities
- Subdivision proposals (as outlined above).
Single residential developments and ancillary construction issues should be discussed with Council’s Building Surveyor Customer Services Officer and Subdivision and Engineering related enquires directed to Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer.
Generally, any subdivision application requires a pre-lodgement meeting. It is suggested that you contact Council’s Duty Subdivision Officer to clarify whether a pre-lodgement meeting is required.
Book a pre-lodgement meeting
Click here to view form.