Friends of The Hills Library
The Friends of the Hills Library is a community group which was formed in 1994 and have raised over $184,864. The role of the Friends is to promote and support The Hills Shire Library service.
It’s easy to join The Friends of the Hills Library, simply visit any one of The Hills Shire Library’s branches, complete the registration form and pay $12.00.
Membership entitles customers to 12 free reservations per year and a discount at these local businesses; Chapters Café (Castle Hill Library) and Lyn’s Fine Needlework, Patchwork and Quilting (Baulkham Hills)
The Friends of the Hills Library support the Hills Shire Library in the following ways;
- Purchasing extra books including fiction, non-fiction, junior graphic novels, talking books, children’s books and large print books
- Purchasing equipment such as display stands, lecterns and cameras
- Christmas gifts for the Housebound Library customers
- Funding special programs
The Friends of the Hills Library organise regular events including
- Pop-Up Book Sales.
- The Castle Hill Library Book Club which meets on the first Thursday of the month at 10:30am at Castle Hill Library. Everyone is welcome for their first visit however a Friends membership is needed to attend after that. Please see the Library Events Calendar for exact dates (see Library Events for details)
- An annual 'Knit In' to support the work of Wrap with Love Inc
- Social events and activities for Friends members