Apply for a Grant or Donation
Council provides financial assistance through the Community Grants and Donations Program under Section 356 of the Local Government Act 1993. This program assists eligible charities, community and sporting organisations and individuals.
The 2020/21 Community Grants Program is NOW OPEN (closing 4pm Friday 12 February, 2021)
These local priorities have been developed to assist applicants to understand the type of projects supported under the program.
The local priorities are a guide and all applicants are encouraged to submit projects.
Events that Connect the Community
Aim: This category aims to support events that build vibrant, connected and inclusive communities by bringing people together and showcasing the features of their community.
- Cultural festivals
- Food and local produce fairs
- Music or creative arts industry events
Domestic Violence Prevention and Recovery
Aim: To support initiatives and activities for the prevention of and recovery from domestic violence.
- Initiatives aimed at reducing and preventing domestic violence by addressing underlying causes before violence occurs.
- Initiatives aimed at identifying individuals or groups at risk of engaging in violent behaviours or becoming a victim of domestic violence.
- Initiatives aimed at reducing the effects of violence after it has occurred and preventing reoccurrence.
Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Aim: This category aims to support services, initiatives and activities that promote good mental health, create strategies for managing mental health, actively support the participation of people with mental health issues in the community, and address suicide prevention.
- Initiatives aimed improving resilience in people suffering depression and anxiety
- Initiatives that target a priority population through education
- Initiatives that increase opportunities for social connection and resilience
- Initiatives that create contact interventions for people at risk of suicide
Community Participation Opportunities
Aim: This category aims to support inclusive community participation opportunities for a range of community groups.
- Initiatives that support inclusion for people with disabilities
- Initiatives that increase opportunities for seniors to remain active and connected to community
- Initiatives that protect young people, support them and build a platform for their success
- Initiatives that support improved education and employment for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
Applications are open in the following categories:-
- Cultural Grants: to support projects, events or activities that encourage community participation, social inclusion and community engagement and enable delivery of creative, artistic and cultural projects that enrich The Hills Shire community.
- Community Services Grants: to encourage community groups to develop and implement programs or projects that address social needs; build community partnerships; improve access to community services; and to increase their services beyond their current capability.
Funding between $1,000 and $15,000 will be considered under this program.
Attend a FREE Grants Application Training Session
Give your application it's best chance of success by attending one of two training sessions provided by Council and facilitated by The Grants Guy, Keith Whelan.
Learn more about Council's application process and get tips on how to best articulate your project to meet Council's assessment criteria.
Click here to register for a Grants Application Training Session.
Related Information and Application
Please read the following guidelines and FAQs before making your application.
Closing date is Friday 12 February, 2021 at 4pm.
Did you apply for the 2019/2020 Community Grants Program?
To fill out the Project Acquittal form for the 2019/2020 Grant Program, click here.
For more information call The Hills Shire Council on 02 9843 0322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hills Shire Council conducts a Community Donations Program to encourage community participation, engagement and cohesion and improve the quality of people’s lives.
Community Donations Program Guidelines(PDF, 93KB)
Apply for a Cultural and Community Services Donation
Apply for a Special Circumstances Donation
Apply for a Sports and Cultural Competition Donation
For more information on Hills Shire Council Donation applications for 2020/2021 please call the Community Outcomes team on 02 9843 0322.