Dividing Fences - Settling Disputes

Resolving Disputes

Council is not involved in settling disputes regarding dividing fences.

Some legal information on issues associated with Dividing Fences can be found here.


Building a Fence?

In some instances an application may be required for the installation of a dividing fence. To determine whether your fence is exempt from requiring consent please refer to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development) 2008 (SEPP), Council's Exempt or Complying Development Web Page, The Hills Development Control Plan, or you can contact The Hills Shire Council on (02) 9843 0555.