The Hills Shire Plan is a very important document for our community. It outlines what people have told us they need to create a good quality of life for their families in our Shire, and lists the projects that we as a Council will carry out to achieve this in the next financial year.
The Plan also details our budget and shows how we manage our money. It tells people where the money comes from and how it is spent on behalf of the community.
Our Council is in a very strong financial position and this year’s Draft Plan shows that we are proposing to deliver some wonderful assets for our residents while living within our means.
For West Ward, just some of the following projects listed including:
- $4.6 million for the Balmoral Road Reserve Sports Complex
- $1.162 million on a new cycleway from Bella Vista to Kellyville
- $600,000 for further upgrades to Seven Hills Road
- $120,000 to fix the pathways at Bella Vista Farm
- $50,000 to improve the lighting at Francesco Avenue Reserve; and
- $101,000 to replace softfall at Balcombe Heights Estate
Some key projects proposed for the whole Shire include a $3.5 million upgrade to the Castle Hill Cemetery, $111 million for purchasing land for open space and $3.5 to build new parks.
I encourage everyone to visit our website www.thehills.nsw.gov.au, click on the Draft Hills Shire Plan box on the front page and have a look at the great things Council has planned. You are also invited to have you say, with submissions closing on 20 June.