Book your Appointment for Building and Development Enquiries
Council offers appointments with a Development Advisor for your general building and development enquiries. This service is suitable for your questions regarding application lodgement, preliminary stages of planning, and small scale developments such as:
- Dwellings, dual occupancy dwellings, and secondary dwellings (e.g. granny flats).
- Ancillary structures such as decks, pergolas, garden sheds, and retaining walls.
- General land use and zoning matters
- Explaining procedures for lodgement of applications, documentation and requirements
- General building compliance matters
Appointments with a Council Development Advisor
- Development Advisors are available Tuesdays to Fridays 1pm – 4pm (excluding public holidays)
- All appointments are held at Council’s Customer Service Centre, located at 3 Columbia Court, Norwest.
- Three attendees are allowed per meeting. Book your appointment below.
Larger scale or more complex developments, including subdivision, may require a formal Pre-lodgement Meeting instead. See the “Formal Pre-lodgement Meetings” tab below for more information.
All other general development enquiries should be directed to that relevant section of Council including engineering, local infrastructure, environment and health. Please call our Customer Service Centre on 02 9843 0555 or lodge an e-request with your enquiry.