Building Appointments Service
Book your Building and Development Appointment Online
Need advice about Council regulations that might affect your building or development project?
From garden sheds to granny flats and more – our Development Advisor will assist you to understand the application process requirements.
To organise an appointment with a Development Advisor (to be held at Council's Customer Service Centre - 3 Columbia Court Norwest) it is essential to book online before you visit.
The online booking process will reduce your wait time and allow us to better understand your project before you arrive.
Meetings with a Development Advisor are by appointment only between 1pm and 4pm Monday to Friday.
To book your appointment follow these easy steps:
- Select a time and date that suits you
- Complete the online form and attach your documents
We will send you confirmation of your appointment time – we look forward to assisting you soon!
Book Your Appointment with a Development Advisor Here
Need assistance with large scale or complex developments?
A formal pre-lodgement meeting is required prior to the lodgement of a Development Application for the following types of larger scale or more complex developments:
- Residential flat buildings
- Multi dwelling housing development
- Small lot housing (Refer to Clause 4.1B Exceptions to minimum lot sizes for certain residential development of The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012)
- Affordable Rental Housing (not Secondary Dwellings)
- Seniors Living developments
- Child Care Centres
- New or extensions/alterations to commercial developments
- New or extensions/alterations to industrial buildings
- Designated development
- Telecommunications Facilities
- Larger scale rural activities
- Subdivision proposals (as outlined above).
More information and an online request form is available here.