Community Environment Centre at Annangrove
Location - Currie Ave, off Annangrove Rd, in the suburb of Annangrove. The centre can be found at the rear of Annangrove Park in the carpark. Refer to the location map below.
Opening hours - Open to the public every Thursday 9am - 4pm.
Contact details - +61 2 9654 3571 (Thursday) +61 2 9843 0533 (Wednesday and Friday).
The Community Environment Centre provides a valuable community resource, offering on site demonstration facilities, information and research materials, workshops and practical information sessions for the benefit of local residents.
The environment centre with its sustainable home and waterwise garden demonstration facilities provides an engaging learning environment for visitors and volunteers. The new organic vegetable garden demonstration site is a great interactive and co-operative space to share and learn a broad range of practical sustainable living skills.
There are opportunities for members of the community to volunteer at the Community Environment Centre in a number of capacities.
There are also opportunities to arrange guided bushwalks to view the various vegetation communities and wildflower species found nearby in Annangrove Reserve.
Community Environment Centre Flyer(PDF, 4MB)
Volunteering at the Community Environment Centre
You may be interested in providing assistance to the team in a number of different capacities including:
- Maintaining a native, waterwise garden
- Cultivation of an organic vegetable garden
- Assist with the environmental workshop program
- Assist with the operation of the Community Environment Centre
- Conducting tours of the Centre’s demonstration sites and surrounding bush reserve
- Assist with Community Environment Centre promotions
- Assist with community engagement including newsletters and social media
- Assuming various leadership roles within the volunteer team
- Identifying new volunteer opportunities
- Assist with delivering citizen science opportunities
Volunteer at the Community Environment Centre Information(PDF, 2MB)
Volunteer Registration - Online Form
Living Sustainably Walks & Workshops
The CEC building contains a meeting room hosting regular sustainability workshops, an environmental library and display areas featuring an extensive array of environmental information. Guided walks also feature as part of this program.
More information on sustainable walks & workshops visit our events section.
Wildflower Walking Tracks
Map of the Wildflower walking trails at the Centre - Wildflower Walks at the Centre can be organised by appointment on a Thursday only, or book in for one of the walk programs during Spring and early Summer.
Community Environment Centre Seasonal Wildflower Identification Booklet(PDF, 5MB)