Castle Hill Community Centre at Castle Grand - Foyer Display Space (Cnr Pennant & Castle Streets, Castle Hill 2154)
Displays from organisations which meet the following criteria may be accommodated in the Castle Hill Community Centre Foyer, subject to space availability.
- Council related
- Government agencies
- Educational institutions
- Charities, welfare organisations, sporting clubs, environmental groups etc. displaying public interest information.
- Non-profit organisations or official Council partners, with priority given to those with a local focus.
- Commercial displays will attract a fee in line with Council’s current fees and charges.
Opening of exhibitions will require the hire of additional room space with optional kitchen facilities.
When a display is presented in a language other than English a translation of the content must be supplied to The Hills Shire Council in advance and also placed on display.
Additional display equipment
- A professional hanging system is available at this venue
- Displays must allow free movement in the foyer and not interfere with the normal use of the foyer by other users of the community centre.
- Display boards provided by any organisation must be visually appealing and suitable for use in a public building, with good stability and no sharp edges. Velcro is preferred to pins for attaching materials.
- Brochures or handouts accompanying a display should be presented in holders attached to the display boards.
- All materials presented for display must be produced to a professional standard, either printed or word-processed. In the case of art works, display lettering is to be of a professional standard.
- All displays must clearly show the name and contact details of the organisation responsible for the content.
- Materials displayed must be in accordance with the Copyright Act (1968) as amended.
- Display dates must be pre-booked with Community Facilities by submission of a Venue Booking Form, signed Conditions of Hire, a copy of the organisation’s current Public Liability Insurance and details of the proposed content of the display. For more details call Community Facilities on 02 9761 4562.
- Displays will be accommodated for a maximum period of four (4) weeks unless negotiated otherwise.
- Any specific requests, such as the need for a power outlet, are to be stipulated at time of booking.
- A loading dock with level access to this venue is available
- The organisation mounting the display is to be responsible for assembling, updating and dismantling the display and for ensuring adequate supplies of handouts/brochures are supplied.
Please note: The Hills Shire Council reserves the right to request early removal of any display or refuse any display at its sole discretion.
The Hills Shire Council does not accept responsibility for any items lost, damaged or stolen whilst on display in the Castle Hill Community Centre.