Volunteer Training Program - 'Provide CPR' Workshop
Next date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 | 09:00 AM
to 01:00 PM
Provide CPR is a practical hands on two-three hour course with no pre-work required. It covers the practical application of CPR as well as providing further information surrounding the causes and use of CPR.
Participants who successfully pass this half-day, face-to-face course will receive a nationally recognised HLTAID001 Perform CPR Statement of Attainment in accordance with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines, which is valid for 12 months.
It is recommended (but not a legal requirement) that your CPR training is refreshed every 12 months.
- legislation affecting CPR
- What are the reasons someone collapses
- Assessing danger at the scene
- Checking for responsiveness
- Clearing the airway
- How to read the signs of life
- Providing rescue breaths
- Complications that are associated with rescue breaths
- Caring for someone after CPR
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- An introduction to defibrillation
Assessment requirements: To pass this course participants are required to successfully complete practical and written assessments.
This event is part of The Hills Shire Council Volunteer Training Program.
Saturday, 29 February 2020 | 09:00 AM
- 01:00 PM
Tuesday, 28 April 2020 | 09:00 AM
- 01:00 PM
CATCH Training , Unit 20/9 Hudson Ave, Castle Hill 2154 View Map