Australia Day at The Farm 2019
Saturday, 26 January 2019 | 12:00 PM
to 09:00 PM
Australia Day in The Hills is one of the highlights of the social calendar and The Hills Shire Council has made sure 2019 is unlike any other with an impressive list of Aussie acts, kids dedicated zones and Australiana themed entertainment to celebrate our nation’s day.
Council’s FREE celebration will return to the historic Bella Vista Farm on Saturday January 26, from Noon to 9pm.
The impressive list of acts set to wow crowds at Bella Vista Farm include children’s entertainment group Hi-5, party group The High Rollers Big Band and The Voices Supergroup with Taxiride’s Jason Singh, Boom Crash Opera’s Dale Ryder and X Factor winner Recee Mastin.
Attendees can also enjoy rides, street food, roving performers and Australiana displays including sheep shearing, blacksmithing, whip cracking and working dog demonstrations from Tobruk Sheep Station.
Plus, there are six zones to discover, including:
- The Backyard - Grab a spot on the hill, a snack from a food truck and spend your Australia Day afternoon enjoying live music from Hi-5, The High Rollers Big Band and The Voices Supergroup. All wrapped up with a fireworks finale at 9pm.
- The Homestead - Delve into our nation’s past with a trip to the Homestead. Enjoy a Devonshire Tea, browse the historic displays and capture your Australia Day moment at the photo booth.
- Convict Footprints - Beware the roving convicts, experience ‘true blue’ Australia with sheep shearing and working dog displays, get your face painted or tackle a ride or two.
- Goldrush - Discover a swag of sporty fun, exercise your green thumb, play mega jenga or help paint the giant Aussie mural.
- Waltzing Matilda - Enjoy performances from local musicians and dance schools, meet our blacksmith, play in the giant sandpit and more as you embrace the community spirit of The Hills.
- The Tuckerbox - Explore our food trucks and sink your teeth into some sensational street fare with a range of cuisines to suit every taste. Make sure you leave room for dessert.
A sparkling fireworks display will wrap up the day’s event.
Australia Day Ambassador
The 2019 Australia Day Ambassador is skateboarder and student Ms Amar Hadid, a passionate sports woman who strives to promote youth, sport and Australian causes.
‘Amar’s journey alone has inspired many young women to never settle for less. As a female, Muslim skateboarder, Amar is the personification of what skateboarding represents. It’s all about equality, progression and individualism’.
Flag Raising Ceremonies
- Castle Hill Heritage Park, Castle Hill – 8am - 9am (followed by a light breakfast). For more information contact Castle Hill Rotary Club.
- Annangrove Park Reserve, Annangrove – from 11am. Annangrove Australia Day Fair (from 10am - 2pm) includes rides, food stalls and BBQ. Check Facebook for more information.
- John Benyon Rotary Park, Kenthurst – 9.30am - 10.30am (includes singers, guest speaker and morning tea, supplied by Kenthurst Rotary Ladies). All Welcome - Parking and Toilets available.
Volunteering - Australia Day @ The Farm
Council is now looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work with the Events Team.
If you are a current Council volunteer sign up for the role/shift of your preference and we will see you there!
If you would like to join Councils' volunteering team please fill in an application form and nominate your preferred shift, and once your application has been processed we will be in touch.
Further details, including opportunities and shift times, can be found here.
Saturday, 26 January 2019 | 12:00 PM
- 09:00 PM
Bella Vista Farm Park, Bella Vista, Bella Vista 2153 View Map