COVID-19: How Council is responding to the Coronavirus
Keep up-to-date - subscribe to this page to receive an email notification when it is updated.
Check if you have visited a location with a confirmed COVID-19 case
COVID-19 case locations map
Check here to see if you have visited a location with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Then follow the NSW Health advice.
COVID-19 Key Information Links
Helping the Local Community
Click here to access information about Local Emergency Relief Assistance Providers for community members in need during the Coronavirus crisis.
To keep updated with the most recent information it is strongly recommended that you download and familiarise yourself with the requirements of the current Public Health Order as it relates to your proposed activity.
Visit the NSW Government website to view the latest Public Health Order or for advice on what you can and can't do.
For information on the location of COVID-19 cases across Sydney, click here.
To find your nearest COVID-19 testing clinic, click here.
For information on COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organisation or NSW Health.
Information regarding The Hills Shire Council and The Hills
The Hills Shire Council has implemented a suite of measures to protect the health and safety of the community, following advice from NSW Health and in response to growing COVID-19 cases in Sydney.
Facilities and services which will be temporarily closed during the stay-at-home period include:
- The Customer Service Centre at Council’s Norwest Administration Building is currently closed due to the latest public health order. Visitors will not be admitted and documents will not be accepted. Please email email@example.com or post documents to Council or submit them via our general online form. Development Applications, Construction Certificates, or Complying Development Certificates are to be submitted through the NSW Planning Portal.
- Please continue to contact us via phone on 9843 0555 or by lodging your requests via the "Report it to Council" webpage.
- Council events, such as Citizenship Ceremonies;
- Community sporting activities in reserves;
- Bushcare activities
- All community centres and venues (If you have booked a community centre or venue during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options), including the Pioneer Theatre; and
- All libraries, including Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Dural and Vinegar Hill Memorial Library at Rouse Hill Town Centre (library members are encouraged to use The Hills Shire Library App which can be downloaded for FREE from the App Store or Google Play). Return chutes are closed at all branches however no library items are due back during the lockdown period.
For updates on the latest restrictions and for COVID-19 health advice, visit NSW Health.
Council services, facilities and activities operating as normal
Please continue to contact us via phone on 9843 0555 or by lodging your requests via the "Report it to Council" webpage.
The following services, facilities and activities are also operating as normal:
- Meals on Wheels
- Council's affiliated childcare centres
- Parks and playground maintenance
- Waste collection and Kerbside Clean-Ups
- Tennis Courts are open for bookings.
- All Hills Shire Council Parks & reserves are currently open for exercise purposes only - please remember to maintain social distancing and to follow the latest public health order. Attending an off-leash dog park is a perfect exercise choice however in all other parks and public places dogs must be on-leash at all times.
- Temporarily household bins and clean-up material will be collected from 5am on local roads and 4am on main roads in order to stagger drivers for social distancing purposes.
Extended Operating Hours for Businesses & Construction Sites
COVID-19 Community Resources Website
The Western Sydney Local Health District’s Centre for Population Health has launched a COVID-19 Community Resources website, providing easy access to credible health and wellbeing information including NSW Health, state and federal Governments, as well as to mental health and wellbeing, financial, legal and housing supports. Visit the COVID-19 Community Resourse for Western Sydney Website.
Crime Stoppers is the nominated reporting agency for the public to provide information to police about individuals, businesses and corporations not complying with Public Health Orders. Contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to report a breach or make a written report online, visit https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/
Additional COVID-19 Information