The Minister for Planning and Public Spaces, Hon. Rob Stokes has made the following Orders under section 210.17 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
Extended Operating Hours for Businesses
Environmental Planning & Assessment (COVID-19 Development – Extended Operation) Order 2020, which allows the following changes:
1. Retail trading premises such as supermarkets, pharmacies and corner stores are allowed to operate 24 hours per day.
2. Waste disposal from retail premises can be done at any time.
3. Retailers that are part of hotels and motels are also allowed to provide food and beverages 24 hours per day.
4. Home Businesses and Home Industries can operate 24 hours per day and to employ more than 2 people other than the permanent residents of the dwelling, but not more than 5 people, providing they can abide by social distancing rules.
Notes on 4:
- Where the business was either Exempt, or
When prior approval was given as Complying or DA Consented Approval.
- Does not include a new business (unless otherwise Exempt)
- Cannot relocate a business from one premises to another (unless otherwise Exempt)
Environmental Planning and Assessment COVID-19 Development - Extended Operation Order 2020(PDF, 367KB)
Extended Operating Hours for Construction Sites
Environmental Planning & Assessment (COVID-19 Development – Construction Work Days) Order 2020 allows the following changes:
Extended days for Construction Work – Weekday construction site operating hours to be extended to weekends and public holidays to ensure workers can practice social distancing without a loss of productivity or jobs.
This means that builders and their employees will be able to work on construction sites seven days a week during their approved hours of operation provided they take all feasible and reasonable measures to minimise noise. This works does not include rock breaking, rock hammering sheet piling, pile driving or similar activities
For further information in relation to the Order, read the Environmental Planning & Assessment (COVID-19 Development – Construction Work Days) Order 2020 here.