Apply for a Grant or Donation
Council provides financial assistance through the Community Grants and Donations Program under Section 356 of the Local Government Act 1993. This program assists eligible charities, community and sporting organisations and individuals.
The 2020/21 Community Grants Program is now closed.
For enquiries, please contact The Hills Shire Council on 02 9843 0322 or email email@example.com.
The applications for 2020/2021 have been assessed under Council’s Community Grants Program Guidelines within the Community Grants and Donations Policy.
About the Community Grants Program
The below local priorities were developed to assist applicants to understand the type of projects supported under the program.
Events that Connect the Community
Aim: This category aims to support events that build vibrant, connected and inclusive communities by bringing people together and showcasing the features of their community.
- Cultural festivals
- Food and local produce fairs
- Music or creative arts industry events
Domestic Violence Prevention and Recovery
Aim: To support initiatives and activities for the prevention of and recovery from domestic violence.
- Initiatives aimed at reducing and preventing domestic violence by addressing underlying causes before violence occurs.
- Initiatives aimed at identifying individuals or groups at risk of engaging in violent behaviours or becoming a victim of domestic violence.
- Initiatives aimed at reducing the effects of violence after it has occurred and preventing reoccurrence.
Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Aim: This category aims to support services, initiatives and activities that promote good mental health, create strategies for managing mental health, actively support the participation of people with mental health issues in the community, and address suicide prevention.
- Initiatives aimed improving resilience in people suffering depression and anxiety
- Initiatives that target a priority population through education
- Initiatives that increase opportunities for social connection and resilience
- Initiatives that create contact interventions for people at risk of suicide
Community Participation Opportunities
Aim: This category aims to support inclusive community participation opportunities for a range of community groups.
- Initiatives that support inclusion for people with disabilities
- Initiatives that increase opportunities for seniors to remain active and connected to community
- Initiatives that protect young people, support them and build a platform for their success
- Initiatives that support improved education and employment for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
Applications were open in the following categories:-
- Cultural Grants: to support projects, events or activities that encourage community participation, social inclusion and community engagement and enable delivery of creative, artistic and cultural projects that enrich The Hills Shire community.
- Community Services Grants: to encourage community groups to develop and implement programs or projects that address social needs; build community partnerships; improve access to community services; and to increase their services beyond their current capability.
Funding between $1,000 and $15,000 was considered under this program.
For more information call The Hills Shire Council on 02 9843 0322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sporting, Cultural and Community Services Donations
Council will consider applications from individuals, not-for-profit and incorporated organisations that are delivering community services, participation in local sporting or cultural competitions or cultural activities in The Hills LGA.
These donations will be one-off per applicant each financial year and will be considered on a case by case basis. You will be asked to demonstrate financial need as part of the application process.
Applications for donations may be made throughout the year and will be processed on a regular basis. Applicants will be notified of the outcome.
Sporting or Cultural Competition
Apply for this donation if you are an individual or organisation who is competing in a competition eg. Sporting, art, music, literary.
Sporting or Cultural Activity Donation
Apply for this donation if you are an individual, organisation, not-for-profit or an incorporated body. This donation will support projects, events or activities that encourage community participation, social inclusion and community engagement within the Hills LGA, eg. delivery of creative, artistic and cultural events that enrich the community.
Community Services Donation
Apply for this donation if you are an individual, organisation, not-for-profit or an incorporated body. This donation encourages community groups to develop and implement programs or projects that address the social needs of residents within the Hills Shire, eg. build community partnerships to improve access to community services or skills for residents of the Hills Shire and to provide operational and/or equipment for local organisations to increase services beyond your current capability.
The view the Community Donations Program Guidelines, click here.(PDF, 117KB)
Click here to apply for a Sporting, Cultural or Community Services Donation.