2019 Sydney Hills Awards For Community Contribution Local For Locals
The annual Local for Locals Awards provide an opportunity for Council and the community to recognise the outstanding contribution of hard working Hills locals and their commitment to making the Hills a safer, more inclusive and more vibrant place to live.
The awards will recognise individuals, community groups and not-for-profit organisations for their contributions to education, arts and culture, sports and recreation, environment and sustainability, community service and local business.
- Nominees must live, work or play in the Hills Shire
- Nominees who have received a Hills Shire Council award between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 are ineligible for nomination in the 2019 Local for Local Awards.
- Projects and achievements which occurred between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019 are eligible for entry.
- A PDF of the ABN Registration &/or ASIC Registration must be uploaded with each nomination.
- An independent panel will select award winners. The panel’s decision will be final.
- Nominations must be received by 5pm Friday 2 August 2019.
- Presentation of the awards will occur on Friday 30 August 2019.
- For more information please contact The Hills Shire Council on 9843 0112 or email@example.com
Business Award For Community Contribution
Recognising businesses that make a significant contribution to their community over and above their normal business operations. Businesses will be judged on their community focus, credibility, impact, leadership and longevity of their contribution.
Community Contribution Awards
The Community Service Award recognises the outstanding dedication of an individual, community group or not-for-profit organisation working in the Sydney Hills to make it a stronger and more vibrant community. These community groups share a strong sense of community spirit, whether it is working together to deliver an event, project, service, or program.
Sports & Recreation
The Sports & Recreation Award recognises an individual, community group or not-for-profit organisation that has contributed to the betterment of sport in the community; this could be through the provision of facilities, coaching clinics, training programs and other support.
The Education Award recognises the dedication and passion of an individual, community group or not-for-profit organisation that has enhanced the lives of those living in the Sydney Hills through programs such as; computer literacy, teaching, mentoring and coaching. These people are committed to providing the best possible education to children and young people across The Hills Shire.
Arts & Culture
The Arts & Culture Award recognises an individual, community group or not-for-profit organisation that delivers programs or initiatives that strengthen cultural life in the Sydney Hills and provide creative opportunities for new experiences, learning and enjoyment. Recognition is given to those individuals, groups or organisations that strive for excellence, creativity and success.
Environment & Sustainability
The Environment & Sustainability Award acknowledges an individual, community group or not-for-profit organisation that demonstrates their passion and dedication to improving environmental initiatives and outcomes. These groups, individuals or organisations consistently work to make the Sydney Hills an environmentally friendly and sustainable community.
NOMINATE A DESERVING LOCAL HERE