Organise a Kerbside Cleanup
What you need to know
Please note: Mirrors or Glass of any type is not accepted as part of the kerbside clean-up collection service owing to safety risks for collectors and the general public.
- This Clean-up Service is for bulky items only. Bulky items are those that do not fit into your general household bins
- You may request an On-Call Kerbside Clean Up Service up to twice in the calendar year (per residence)
- When you request an On-Call Kerbside Clean Up Service your specific clean up date will be provided to you within 14-28 days of the call or online request being registered (you will be told when your next pick up date will be, or if this is not suitable, a follow-up date will be arranged)
- The provided clean up date will commence on the same day as your normal garbage day, and may be collected over two days
- Residents living in units/townhouses & villas are to request a clean-up through the Strata Management or Body Corporate
- Residents SHOULD NOT place materials at the kerbside unless a clean up booking has been made (materials placed at the kerbside without a booking may incur a penalty)
- Bookings are taken on behalf of Council by its collection contractor, Cleanaway
- Clean up materials are only to be placed on the kerb the night before the collection date
- Please place bulky items on the kerb at the same time you put your garbage bins out for collection.
- Mirrors or Glass of any type is not accepted as part of the kerbside clean-up collection service owing to safety risks for collectors and the general public.
Acceptable and Non-Acceptable Clean Up Items
Please place materials in 3 separate piles:
- Pile 1: Bulky green organics such as pruned trees; timber such as fence palings. NOTE: All green organic material must be bundled and tied with string and no longer than 1.5m in length. Bundles must be easily handled by two people and contain no stumps or thorny branches.
- Pile 2: Metal waste; steel and metal products such as stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines and hot water systems.
- Pile 3: Garbage; furniture, carpet, furnishings, clothing, bedding and mattresses. Other unwanted household goods such as toys and tools.
Non-Acceptable Clean Up Items
- Building waste, industrial trade waste, hazardous or dangerous materials including paints, asbestos, batteries, poisons, toxic chemicals, food waste, plate glass, trees and tree trunks, large rocks, car bodies and old motor vehicle parts.
- Mirrors or glass of any type is not accepted as part of the kerbside clean-up collection service owing to safety risks for collectors and the general public
- Only items comfortably handled by two people will be removed.
- Clean up materials placed out for collection that do not comply will not be removed.
For other disposal options visit Council's Household Item & Waste Recycling pages.
How to Request a Kerbside Clean up Service
Call The Waste Hotline on 1800 623 895 (The Waste Hotline can be busy at times and the line may be engaged - please leave a message with your name and the best number to contact you and your call will be returned the same day).
or fill in the form below...
Click here to view form.
For more information on Council's waste service contact 1800 623 895 or email email@example.com