Rates Pensioner Rebates
Under The Local Government Act 1993, Section 575, eligible pensioners can receive an annual rebate on their rates and charges.
Eligible pensioners must meet the following eligibility criteria and hold one eligible cards listed below:
- the pensioner must own the property
- the property must be your sole principal place of living;
- the address on the Pension Card must match the property address
- Pensioner Concession Card*
- Gold Card ** Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- Gold Card ** Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
- Gold Card ** War Widow/er (WW)
* Issued by the Australian Government
** Issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) under the Veterans’ Entitlement Act 1986 (VEA) or Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA).
Cards not eligible for rebate
- The Health Care Card
- The Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- The NSW Government Seniors Card
The maximum amount rebate available is $250.00.
Pro rata rebates are calculated for each full quarter following the quarter in which the pensioner becomes eligible.
- Eligible on or before 1 July full rebate $250
- Eligible on or before 1 October rebate $187.50
- Eligible on or before 1 January rebate $125
- Eligible on or before 1 April rebate $62.50
The amount of rebate granted will vary depending on the number of property owners living at the property who are eligible pensioners at the date the application is made.
How to apply for a rebate
Please complete the Pensioner Concession Rates Rebate – Application Form (below) together with a photocopy of both sides of the Pension Concession Card.
Pensioner Concession Application Form(PDF, 726KB)
Email your application to email@example.com or
Post your application to:
The Hills Shire Council, PO BOX 7064, Norwest NSW 2153.