Off-Leash Dog Parks
Designated off-leash or free run areas are located at the following reserves:
- Balcombe Heights Reserve, Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills (within the fenced area)
- Bernie Mullane Sports Complex, Marella Ave, Kellyville (within the fenced area)
- Connie Lowe Reserve, Adelphi Street, Rouse Hill (within the fenced area)
- Coolong Reserve, Coolong Street, Castle Hill (within the fenced area)
- Crestwood Reserve, Peel Road, Baulkham Hills (within the fenced area)
- Castle Hill Showground (lower dog arenas) - please note lower dog arenas to be generally off-leash for all dogs at all times. However when formal training or competitions organised by Clubs or Associations are taking place, only participating dogs may be off-leash.
- Parraweena Avenue Reserve, Parraweena Ave, Baulkham Hills (between the hours of 4pm and 7pm, seven days per week)
- Rutherford Avenue Reserve, Rutherford Avenue, North Kellyville (within the fenced area)
- Explore the new Indwarra Avenue off-leash dog park in North Kellyville. Just 200m north of North Kellyville Square shopping centre, this park is great for smaller dogs.
In all other parks and public places dogs must be on-leash at all times.
Some free run areas may have time restrictions in place to protect the amenity of adjoining residences.
All dogs within a designated off-leash area must be supervised.
This person MUST:
- Be a competent person over 16 years of age
- Be able to control the dog/s by voice command
- Remove and dispose of all dog waste
- Have no more than four dogs under their control
- Not allow restricted breeds or dogs declared as dangerous to use off-leash areas
Under the terms of the Companion Animals Act (s14) the following public places are prohibited for dogs off OR on-leash:
- Within 10 metres of children's playground equipment
- Within 10 metres of food preparation areas such as public barbeques and kiosks
- Active recreation areas such as sports fields, ovals and courts (during the playing of organised sport)
- Public bathing areas
- School grounds unless with the permission of the principal
- Child care centres unless with the permission of the director
- Shopping areas unless with permission
Council has also resolved to monitor the presence of dogs in bushland reserves and report any affects upon biodiversity.
New Dog Off-leash Areas
Colbarra Place Reserve (under sonstruction) in West Pennant Hills and Indwarra Avenue Reserve in North Kellyville were selected as new dog off-leash areas.
Indwarra Avenue Dog Park Now Open
Explore the new Indwarra Avenue off-leash dog park in North Kellyville. Just 200m north of North Kellyville Square shopping centre, this park is great for smaller dogs to run and play.