Worlds of Wonder Summer Reading Bookmark Design Competition
This summer get ready to WOW us with your artistic flair and imaginative spark!
Enter our competition for a chance to design our exclusive 2022 bookmark range.
Showcase your creative talent and if your design is selected as a winning entry, it will be printed into bookmarks and distributed at The Hills Shire Library service for the coming year!
Keep the Summer Reading Adventure theme Worlds of Wonder in mind and get creating.
- Open to children and youth in the following age groups 5-7, 8-10, 11-14.
- Entries are now open and close 8 November, 2021.
Step 1 - Download the Bookmark Template to begin your design.
Bookmark Design Template(PDF, 169KB)
Step 2 - Be sure to read the Terms & Conditions listed below.
Step 3 - Fill out the form details correctly and submit your entry here.
We can’t wait to see your designs!
Terms and Conditions
Instructions, prizes and information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants (or their parent/legal guardian) accept these Terms and Conditions.
The promoter of this competition is The Hills Shire Council c/o Castle Hill Library, Pennant St & Castle St, Castle Hill NSW 2154.
To enter, entrants:
1. Must be a current member of The Hills Shire Library service.
2. Must be a school student between 5 and 14 years of age from the commencement of the competition period.
3. May enter the competition multiple times but are eligible to win one (1) prize only during the course of the competition.
4. Must be an individual and cannot be a company or organisation.
5. Must design a bookmark to the following specifications:
a. Must reflect the Summer Reading theme of ‘Worlds of Wonder’.
b. Must be designed on the template provided by The Hills Shire Library services, available on the website or in person at any of The Hills Library branches.
c. Can be in either landscape or portrait format.
d. All digital entries must be submitted as a high resolution scan.
How to enter:
1. Eligible entries must be submitted online no later than 11.59pm AEST on Monday 8 November 2021 or in person before close of business at any Hills Shire Library branch to be considered.
2. There is no cost to entering the competition besides the materials that you use to design your bookmarks at home.
3. Entries must be submitted in the correct age group category.
4. Complete and submit an entry form with each book mark design entry, including entrant's parent or guardian signature to consent for the entrant to participate. By filling and submitting the entry form, each entrant (or their parent/legal guardian) agrees that:
a. All details provided with the entry are true and correct;
b. All work is the original work of the entrant; including digital artwork
c. All entries become property of the Council and will not be returned;
d. Each entrant grants to the Council and its promotional partners exclusive license to exercise all rights, throughout the world in the artwork provided to the Council regarding this promotion at any time.
Judging and Prize Draw:
1. The entrants whose entry is judged by the library staff to be the most original, creative, and reflective of the Summer Reading theme of ‘Worlds of Wonder’ will be awarded a prize. Three (3) winners will be selected one per age group (5-7, 8-10, 11-14). The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified by email or telephone.
2. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
4. The prize selection date will be on Wednesday 10 November, 2021.
5. The winner selection will take place on the selection date. The Judges will select from all valid Entries into the Competition, three (3) prize winners will be awarded as the Competition prize winners. The Judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Winning designs will be made into bookmarks that will be distributed through The Hills Shire Library service. Each winner will receive twenty (20) copies of their winning design bookmark plus a book pack consisting of 3 books. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. You may not ask for any alternative prize (including cash).
7. Winners will be able to receive their prize from Wednesday 1 December, 2021 and must be collected in person.
8. By accepting the terms and conditions you (or your parent/legal guardian) agree and allow The Hills Shire Council to re-post your Entry across website and social media accounts and consent to Council using their first name, age and content in the event of them being a finalist or winner, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for promotional purposes.
9. The Hills Shire Library service may disqualify you if:
a. You or your entry do not meet any one or more of the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions;
b. Your entry includes any objectionable material or infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
10. Employees of The Hills Shire Council and their families are not eligible to enter.