Library Conditions of Use
- Members agree to take good care of all library materials borrowed and will reimburse Council for the cost of any loss or damage to these materials.
- Members agree to immediately pay to Council relevant fees and charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services as determined by Council.
- Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Members must obey at all times the lawful direction of library staff.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selections and use of library materials and services, including access to the internet.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for any loss, damage or charges incurred by their children.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for supervising their children whilst in the Library.
- Members are required to advise library staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details or loss of library card.
- The reminder email service is a courtesy to members. Absence of a reminder is not a valid reason for a waiver of fees.
- Members borrow items at their own risk. The Hills Shire Library service is not responsible for any loss or damage occurring from the use of items borrowed from the collection.
- Comply with Public Access Computer terms and conditions of use as agreed to at log on.
- Animals are not permitted within the library, with the exception of assistance animals.
SMS Pin Code and QR Code for Library Lockers
- We will provide you with a unique access code and link to a QR code that you can use to collect your item. You must keep your access code and QR code confidential and you must not provide it to any other person. Any loss or damages to library items will be your responsibility if incurred as a result of not complying.
When something is not working
- Factors affectiving availability and performance such as network coverage, may determine the availability and performance of the lockers, services and functions. Some mobile devices may not be compatible with our network and systems.
The conditions of use are subject to change without notice.