Join the Library
- Library membership is free.
- On joining, you agree to abide by the conditions of use (see below).
- Adults are required to produce 2 forms of identification, at least one with proof of current address, for example a driver's licence, rates notice or utility account.
- Anyone under 18 can join the library either by visiting one of our libraries with their parent/guardian or by presenting a completed registration form, signed by their parent/guardian. 2 forms of identification, at least one with proof of address of parent/guardian is required.
- Your membership card is needed every time you borrow or use a library computer.
- You may borrow immediately when you receive your membership card.
- All branches carry a wide range of resources for adults and children. Members may borrow up to 10 items per membership card.
- You may return any item you have borrowed from the Library Service to any of our branches.
- After Hours return chutes are provided at all branches.
- You can also use your library card to access online resources on the library webpage. You will need to know your library card number and your PIN.
- Please advise staff as soon as possible of any change of address, phone number or name.
Conditions of use
By becoming a member of The Hills Shire Library, you agree to comply with the conditions of use as amended by Council from time to time.
1. Members agree to take good care of all library materials borrowed and will reimburse Council for the cost of any loss or damage to these materials.
2. Members agree to immediately pay to Council relevant fees and charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services as determined by Council.
3. Members must bring their membership card to borrow, use a library computer or photocopier.
4. Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright Act 1968.
5. Members must obey at all times the lawful direction of library staff.
6. Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selections and use of library materials and services, including access to the internet.
7. Parents and guardians are responsible for any loss, damage or charges incurred by their children.
8. Parents and guardians are responsible for supervising their children whilst in the Library.
9. Members are required to advise library staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details or loss of library card.
10. The reminder email service is a courtesy to members. Absence of a reminder is not a valid reason for a waiver of fees.
11. Members borrow items at their own risk. The Hills Shire Library service is not responsible for any loss or damage occurring from the use of items borrowed from the collection.
12. Comply with Public Access Computer terms and conditions of use as agreed to at log on.
13. Animals are not permitted within the library, with the exception of assistance animals.
The conditions of use are subject to change without notice.