Computers, Wi-Fi and Internet Access
To safeguard the health of customers and staff and minimise the risk of spreading the COVID 19 virus all Hills Shire Libraries are closed until further notice. Return facilities will be unavailable. Due dates have been extended, no items are due back during the closure.
Download our app for access to a wide range of e-books, e-audio and e-magazines.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- You need to be a member of the Library to access computers. For customers under the age of 18 permission for computer/Internet access must be given by a parent or legal guardian.
- Free Internet and wi-fi is available at all branches
- MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel are available at all branches.
- Printing in black & white and colour is available. Charges apply
- Online Databases may be accessed at all branches
- Your membership card is needed every time you use a library computer.
Did you know you can upload your documents from home? Your documents will be stored in your print jobs for 24 hours ready for printing.
- Go to http://libraryprint.thehills.nsw.gov.au/myprintcenter
- Enter you membership number and pin to log in
- Click upload
- Print jobs will automatically appear. Select the required document
- Come into the library and proceed to the photocopier to release your printing
- Swipe card or enter Membership number and pin on the screen
- Select the document to print and press Click all
- Once printing is complete, collection printing and logout of the photocopier.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID LIBRARY CARD TO PRINT
Frequently asked questions
How long can I use a computer for?
The maximum amount of time allowed for a session is 2 hours per day. Additional time may be available by asking staff for assistance. Please note that extensions are subject to computer availability.
What if I don’t have a pin number? How do I get one?
If you do not know your PIN please ask staff for assistance.