- We hold a range of collections including best-sellers, biographies, classics, graphic novels, picture books, readers, music CDs, DVDs and magazines - (browse/search via the Library Catalogue)
- eBooks and audiobooks
- Chinese magazines and newspapers are available online.
- Chinese eBooks
- Save Power Kits
- Chinese, Korean and Hindi books. Other languages are available on request.
- Learning English books and CDs.
- Large print books
- Audio books on CD and MP3.
- Newspapers are available to read in the library
- Bestsellers in the Rapid Reads collection are available to borrow for 7 days. What does this mean for you? More opportunities for you to get hold of the most popular titles more often.
Reference and Information
- Staff are available to help you locate information. We hold specialist collections at each branch on legal information, drug information and HSC resources.
- We provide a number of Online Databases for our members. These databases contain a vast amount of information on a variety of topics. Resources include books and reference journals on a wide range of topics including Art, Music, History, Health, Literature and Current Affairs, newspaper articles and encyclopaedias. All databases are available from any branch of the Library Service. Many can also be accessed by library members from home.
Ever wondered how Terminus Street in Castle Hill got its name? Why are the Mobbs family remembered in the area? Looking for somewhere local for a bushwalk? Interested in our local flora and fauna? All this and more at your local branch.
Access Hills Voices Online - a collection of oral history recordings that have been professionally recorded, and excerpts digitised, transcribed, illustrated and placed on the web together with videos to showcase our cultural heritage to the world.
Save Power Kits
Learn how to save power and money at home by borrowing a Save Power Kit from The Hills Shire Libraries. The kits are available for loan free of charge to Library members and are part of the NSW Government’s Save Power program.
Save Power Kits can be borrowed free of charge from any Hills Shire Library and used in the comfort of your own home to work out what’s using the most power, what’s wasting power and the easiest ways you can save.
Kits can be borrowed by Library members who are over 18. See staff for more information or visit the Save Power website.
Are you looking to borrow NEW BESTSELLERS from the Library? Come in and check out our Rapid Reads collection held at Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, and Rouse Hill.
With titles changing constantly you’re always likely to find something you will love.
To keep items moving the following will apply:
- Short term 7 day loan only
- No renewals
- No reservations
Do you need help to remember the date your books are due? Sign up for a courtesy reminder e-mail at any Hills Shire Library.