Tracks & Trails
The Tracks and Trails program is designed to inspire people to get out, be active, and use local open space areas. The Hills Shire boasts a range of beautiful recreation locations including great cycle ways and walking tracks.
The Hills Guided Walks Program
The Hills Walks Program is designed to provide opportunities for residents to explore and learn more about the beautiful bushland reserves of the Garden Shire.
- These walks follow bushland tracks which are sometimes rough, steep and uneven.
- Some walks require creeks to be crossed on stepping stones.
- Some walks have no toilet facilities.
- All walks last for 2 hours.
- Wear comfortable, closed shoes, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- For night time walks wear warm clothes and mosquito repellent. Bring a torch.
- Bring your camera and a drink
- The exact meeting place for the start of each walk will be advised at the time of booking.
For more information and to make a booking view current walks available in the Events Section.
Tracks and Trail Walking Maps
Baulkham Hills Walking Map(PDF, 4MB)
Baulkham Hills Cultural Track(PDF, 507KB)
Heritage Trail Brochure Baulkham Hills(PDF, 381KB)
Carlingford Track Hunts Creek Reserve(PDF, 4MB)
Hunts Creek Map(PDF, 4MB)
Fred Caterson Walking Map(PDF, 728KB)
Fred Caterson Reserve to Bernie Mullane Sports Complex(PDF, 465KB)
Fred Caterson to Castle Hill Heritage Park Reserve(PDF, 492KB)
Kenthurst Track - Murray Park Road to Jones Road(PDF, 3MB)
Kenthurst Track - Crown Road to Nyari Road(PDF, 4MB)
Kenthurst Track - Porters Road to Cranstons Road(PDF, 3MB)
Lower Portland Fire Trail Dargle Track(PDF, 3MB)
Rouse Hill Tracks(PDF, 407KB)
Rouse Hill and Kellyville Tracks(PDF, 3MB)
West Pennant Hills Track Bidjigal Reserve(PDF, 4MB)
West Pennant Hills Track Richard Webb Reserve Waterfall(PDF, 4MB)