Castle Hill Showground
How do you wish to see Castle Hill Showground in the future? Council is in the process of conducting a Master Plan for Castle Hill Showground to help shape the potential uses of the site. The Master Plan is in the concept phase, and aims to utilise the new rail link to support the current tenants, add potential uses, while maintaining the showgrounds historic links.
The Master Plan includes the retention of the events arena, embellishment of Cattai Creek and greater pedestrian linkages into Castle Hill Showground. A food and beverages precinct is proposed close to the station, with a culture and entertainment precinct and extensive parklands also included in the concept plan.
While Council recently completed a community survey through the website in October, if you have any feedback on what you would like to see on the site, please contact myself or any Councillor at any time.
Clr Dr Peter Gangemi Facebook Page
If you wish to be well informed of what is occurring at Council and in the Hills community, I encourage you to please ‘like’ my Facebook page at facebook.com/clrdrpetergangemi. On my page, you can find regular updates on:
- proposed motions 3-5 days prior to the upcoming council meeting, allowing you to have your say on the business paper recommendations
- the business conducted at each council meeting to inform residents within 24 hours of the major decisions made in the chamber
- the main points covered at each progress association meeting throughout North Ward
- the upcoming major community events occurring in The Hills each month
- details of any major community exhibitions that are occurring
- any community news or other initiatives that residents can get involved with.
As this is the last Hills Focus for 2019, Nicole and I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year. We hope that you get some time recharge the batteries with family over the holiday season and have a successful 2020.