EOI to Conduct Group Fitness & Aqua Classes at Waves
Waves Fitness and Aquatic Centre is due to open in the second quarter of 2022 and the centre is seeking experienced and qualified GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS to work on an ongoing contract basis. The new centre will cater to group fitness classes in a number of multipurpose rooms which can cater for up to 50 participants. The centre will also cater to a number of aqua shallow and aqua deep classes to be conducted in our outdoor and indoor pool areas.
We are seeking experienced, passionate and suitably qualified group fitness instructors to provide group fitness class instruction services to our gym members on an ongoing contract basis for up to 3 years. If you would like to work at a brand new state of the art fitness and aquatic centre then we encourage you to apply and provide us with your teaching background information.
Upon receiving the information listed below, short listed applicants will then be contacted for an interview.
Service to be Provided
The successful contractors will instruct those attending the Group Fitness Classes including Aqua Aerobics, Cycle, Pilates & Yoga Classes in a professional manner providing guidance and instruction in a safe environment.
Overview - Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain mandatory qualifications for this position at all times.
- Complete all induction and internal training requirements as directed.
- Represent Waves Fitness and Aquatic Centre in a professional manner.
- Maintain a safe and pleasant environment for members, casual guests, and centre staff.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times and present in the required work wear or uniform (if supplied) in a maintained, clean and presentable condition.
- Administer first aid and complete all necessary reporting as required.
- Report all incidents, accidents via the appropriate channels per centre policy and procedure.
- Attend from time to time Group Fitness and Team meetings as required.
- Design and conduct innovative, informative and effective group fitness classes.
- Maintain uninterrupted supervision and support of class participation at all times.
- Ensure safety of participants, particularly in the use of fitness equipment.
- Accurately evaluate and monitor participant progress and wellness during classes.
- Collect and return any equipment used to the appropriate storage area.
- Report any damage to equipment to the Team Leader.
- Take responsibility for the setup and pack up of the area and ensure that area is left clean and tidy.
- Ensure all participants have the correct ticket/pass for the class and that they are collected at the beginning of the class.
For More Information
All interested parties can direct questions regarding the Request for Interest to Vanessa Wallace - Fitness Centre Team Leader on 02 8848 6740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view form.