Application Form Directory

42 Result(s) Found

What you need to know

  • Council consent is needed for works within the road reserve. This includes new or replacement driveways (or vehicular crossings).
    For more details refer to Council's Driveway Specifications Fact Sheet.
  • Any works undertaken in the road reserve without approval may need to be removed.
  • Driveways are only permitted where the provide access to an approved garage, carport or parking space.
  • Only one driveway is permitted per residential lot. More than one driveway is not usually supported except for very specific circumstances as explained in Council’s Driveway Specifications.

Who can carry out the work?

The person carrying out the work (usually a concreter) must have a current public liability insurance policy for no less than $10 million and be appropriately skilled and experienced to carry out the work. The contactor is responsible for any sub-contractors.

The details of the person carrying out the work needs to be included with the application and so you need to select a contractor beforehand. A copy of the public liability insurance policy must be submitted with the application.

If the person carrying out the work changes it is the responsibility of the applicant to update these details.

Council does not have a list of required or preferred concreters.

How do I lodge an application?

A Vehicular Crossing Request must be lodged online here.

The fee for each driveway is set out in Council’s adopted Schedule of Fees and Charges. There are different fees for standard/residential driveways and heavy duty driveways servicing medium or high density residential, mixed use, retail, commercial or industrial developments.

No work is to be carried out until a Vehicular Crossing Request has been lodged with, and accepted by, Council.

Council does not provide design levels for new or replacement driveways. Rather, the driveway set out needs to provide for compliant gradients as per Council’s Driveway Specifications.

How do I arrange for an inspection?

Once a Vehicular Crossing Request has been lodged with, and accepted by Council, work can start.

Council’s Driveway Specifications includes details as to how the work needs to be carried out and when it needs to be inspected. Typically, an initial inspection is carried out before any concrete is poured and a final inspection is carried out once the works are completed.

Inspections must be requested no less than 24 hours beforehand. You can request for a morning or afternoon inspection.

To arrange for an inspection contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 02 9843 0555. Council’s inspector will visit the site and issue an inspection result electronically to the persons' quoted in the application.

Do I need to lodge a Vehicular Crossing Request before I can get my Complying Development Certificate?

State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008 requires written consent from the roads authority for any road opening before a Complying Development Certificate can be issued.

As the contractor for the driveway works is normally not known at this stage but this information is required to lodge an application; a Complying Development Certificate may be issued before an application is lodged, so long as the application is made before the driveway is constructed.

For more information

For more information or assistance with respect to driveways contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 02 9843 0555 or Council’s Subdivision Duty Officer on 02 9843 0374.

Page 5 of 5



Privacy Statement

The personal information that Council has collected or is collecting from you is personal information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (PPIPA) 1998.

The intended recipients of the personal information are:

  • Officers within the Council,
  • Data service providers engaged by the Council from time to time;
  • Any other agent/contractor of the Council; and
  • Other Statutory Authorities 

The supply of the information by you is not voluntary. If you cannot provide or do not wish to provide the information sought, then Council may be limited in dealing with your request etc.

Council has collected this personal information from you in order to process your request/application

You may make application for access or amendment to information held by Council. You may also make a request that Council suppress your personal information from a public register.

Council is to be regarded as the agency that holds the information.

If you have any further enquiries concerning this matter contact Council's Public Officer on +61 2 9843 0555.

Related Links