Council has resolved to publicly exhibit revisions to the Planning Proposal Policy.
The Planning Proposal Policy articulates Council’s expectations with respect to new planning proposals and outlines a clear, transparent, and equitable framework within which each individual application will be assessed and processed.
The proposed amendments update the Policy to reflect recent changes to the planning proposal system made by Government and the associated expectations for Councils, including timeliness of decision making.
Key amendments to the Policy include:
- Inclusion of discussion regarding timeframes for processing planning proposals based on the Minister’s Statement of Expectations and the Department’s Local Environmental Plan Making Guideline;
- Inclusion of more detailed guidance regarding lodgement material requirements;
- Inclusion of information regarding the new ‘scoping’ phase of the process, such as submission requirements and the process for arranging a scoping meeting with Council officers;
- Update the planning proposal process flow chart to reflect the current framework and system and clarify the opportunities for Proponents to present to Councillors in the context of the new process; and
- Update references and dates throughout the Policy.
The Planning Proposal Policy is now on public exhibition and available for inspection on Council’s website.
Public Exhibition Period: Thursday 1 September 2022 – Thursday 29 September 2022
Submission Deadline: 5pm, Thursday 29 September 2022
Enquiries: Megan Munari, Principal Coordinator – Forward Planning on 9843 0407.
Relevant Links: Department of Planning and Environment’s Local Environmental Plan Making Guideline
Make a Submission
Click here to view form.