Planning Proposal Draft DCP & VPA 25 - 31 Brookhollow Ave Norwest

Submissions closed on 24 August 2021, 04:30 PM

Brookhollow Image.jpg

Council has resolved to publicly exhibit a planning proposal, draft Development Control Plan (DCP) amendments and a draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) with respect to land at 25-31 Brookhollow Avenue, Norwest (‘Norwest Station Site’).

The Planning Proposal seeks to facilitate a mixed-use commercial, retail and hotel development on the site comprising three main buildings with heights up to 11, 23 and 25 storeys. To facilitate the development, the Proposal would involve an amendment to the planning controls applying to the site under The Hills Local Environment Plan (LEP) 2019 as described below:

  • Amend the Floor Space Ratio Map from 1:1 to part 4.1:1 and part 6.5:1;
  • Amend the Height of Buildings Map from RL 116 (approx. 8 storeys) to part RL 135.65 (11 storeys) and part RL 184.25 (25 storeys);
  • Amend the Lot Size Map from 8,000m2 to 3,500m2;
  • Amend Part 7 to include a new clause within Part 7 and amend the Active Street Frontage Map to identify a requirement for active frontages on the site;
  • Amend the Urban Release Area Map to include the subject site (triggering the requirement for satisfactory arrangements to be made within regard to regional infrastructure); and
  • Amend Schedule 1 and the associated Additional Permitted Uses Map to permit ‘neighbourhood supermarkets’ (up to 1,000m2) as an additional permitted use on the site.

 

Development Control Plan

In support of the Planning Proposal, a new section of The Hills Development Control Plan (DCP) 2012 (Part D Section 23 – Norwest Station Site) has also been prepared. The draft development controls seeks to guide development outcomes on the site through stipulating maximum building heights, minimum setbacks, areas for public domain, active frontages and parking requirements.

 

Voluntary Planning Agreement

The draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) seeks to secure a monetary contribution equating to 2.5% of the cost of development as well as the delivery of local infrastructure (including public plaza embellishment and local traffic works) to a total value of 0.5% of the cost of development (total contribution value of 3% of the cost of development). The contributions would be provided by the developer in association with the development of the site. The monetary contributions would be utilised by Council on new and upgraded local infrastructure within the Norwest Strategic Centre.

 

Submissions close: 4:30pm 24 August 2021

Online Submission Form:

Click here to view form.