The Hills Shire Council is currently investigating opportunities of providing additional dog off-leash areas within certain suburbs across the Shire.
Presently, Council has existing dog off-leash areas at:
- Balcombe Heights Estate, Baulkham Hills.
- Bernie Mullane Sports Complex, Kellyville.
- Castle Hill Showground, Castle Hill.
- Connie Lowe Reserve, Rouse Hill.
- Coolong Reserve, Castle Hill.
- Crestwood Reserve, Baulkham Hills.
- Rutherford Avenue Reserve, Kellyville.
As identified in Council's Recreation Strategy (2019), a dog off-leash area is proposed in North Kellyville. Dog off-leash facilities generally consist of fenced areas with some seating and sheltered areas for dog owners, as well as access to drinking water.
The following reserves are being considered as potential sites capable of accommodating a new dog off-leash area in North Kellyville:
- Twickenham Avenue Reserve
- Oxlade Street Reserve
- Indwarra Avenue Reserve
- Barry Road Reserve
As part of the community consultation process, Council is providing the local community with the opportunity to provide feedback on their preferred location for a dog off-leash facility in North Kellyville.
Click on the image below for information about each of the existing and proposed dog off-leash areas.
Submissions have now closed.