The Hills Shire Council is pleased to announce the design of a new local park at Hannaford Avenue Reserve, Box Hill. The park will provide a range of informal recreational opportunities in accordance with Council's Recreation Strategy.
The park will feature a range of attractions including:
- A playground catering for a wide range of age groups.
- Park shelter with picnic setting, seating and a drinking fountain.
- Accessible spinner.
- 4m High Climbing structure with slide.
- Nature-play space for toddlers.
- Double swings with rubber soft-fall pad.
- A turf kick-about area.
- Accessible concrete footpath to playground with a pathway that loops around the playground suitable for bikes and scooters.
- Planting of low shrubs and groundcovers around the playground.
- Planting of native and deciduous trees adjacent the playground and along the pathways.
- Batter planting.
- Park signage.
Click here to view the Consultation Plan for Hannaford Avenue Reserve.(PDF, 1MB)
Following the completion of the community consultation and design process, Council anticipates construction of the park to commence in the 2021 Financial Year.
Submissions have closed.