Have your say on the Hills Future 2036 – draft Local Strategic Planning Statement and supporting strategies
The draft Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) is about the future of our whole community. It establishes the vision for our Shire and how we will manage growth and change as our population increases. The documents set out planning priorities and actions for the next 5 years that will provide for housing, jobs, parks and services for our growing population.
The six (6) supporting strategies provide further detail on targeted themes and issues, as well as longer term actions to be undertaken over the next 20 years.
Come and talk to us
Council will be conducting informal drop-in sessions where staff will be available to answer questions. These will be held at:
- Norwest Marketown Shopping Centre on Friday 12 July 2019 between 11am and 3pm;
- Baulkham Hills Stockland Mall on Saturday 20 July 2019 between 10am and 1pm;
- Vinegar Hill Memorial Library (Rouse Hill) on Thursday 25 July 2019 between 11am and 7pm;
- Dural Library on Saturday 27 July 2019 between 10am and 1pm; and
- Castle Hill Library on Thursday 1 August 2019 between 11am and 7pm.
Have Your Say
Click here to view form.
- Following the exhibition of the LSPS and supporting strategies, a report will be prepared for Council seeking their endorsement of these documents.
- A Planning Proposal will also be prepared, that will seek to implement changes to The Hills LEP identified within the LSPS. It should be noted that the LSPS does not identify any changes to land use zoning within the Shire.
- We will seek further feedback about proposed changes to The Hills LEP later in 2019.
Forward Planning Team on 02 9843 0597.