Council is proposing to streamline its process for considering requests from community groups, committees and sporting clubs to fund or part fund capital works projects by implementing a policy and set of guidelines and procedures to make assessment of such submissions more consistent against key criteria.
The Policy contains the follow criteria:
- the proposal has considered and can demonstrate the ongoing lifecycle maintenance and replacements costs are within approved budgets;
- project is in accordance with Council’s plans and strategies including The Hills Shire Plan and Open Space Strategy;
- project is part of the proponents’ strategic plan;
- designs and specifications have been prepared or commenced with preliminary costings;
- provides new or increased sport and recreation opportunities or community facilities in the Shire.
A set of Guidelines and Procedures have also been prepared to compliment the Policy providing guidance to proponents making submissions and Council officers assessing them.
The Draft Policy, Guidelines and Procedures are now on exhibition and available for inspection at the following additional locations:
- Customer Service Centre of Council’s Administration Complex: 3 Columbia Court, Norwest (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm).
- Castle Hill Library: Corner of Castle Street and Pennant Street, Castle Hill (Monday – Friday 9:30am – 8pm, Saturday 9:30am – 5pm and Sunday 1pm – 5pm).
ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM:
Click here to view form.