Council is proposing to streamline its process for considering requests from community groups, committees and sporting clubs to fund or part fund capital works projects by implementing a policy and set of guidelines and procedures to make assessment of such submissions more consistent against key criteria.
The Policy contains the follow criteria:
- the proposal has considered and can demonstrate the ongoing lifecycle maintenance and replacements costs are within approved budgets;
- project is in accordance with Council’s plans and strategies including The Hills Shire Plan and Open Space Strategy;
- project is part of the proponents’ strategic plan;
- designs and specifications have been prepared or commenced with preliminary costings;
- provides new or increased sport and recreation opportunities or community facilities in the Shire.
A set of Guidelines and Procedures have also been prepared to compliment the Policy providing guidance to proponents making submissions and Council officers assessing them.
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS HAVE CLOSED