Colbarra Place Reserve has been selected as the new dog off-leash area for West Pennant Hills.
The design of the off-leash area is in the process of being completed, which will enable the project to be included in the 2022/23 Capital Works Program, or to potentially be funded earlier through government grant programs that may become available during the current financial year.
The Hills Shire Council is currently investigating opportunities of providing additional dog off-leash areas within certain suburbs across the Shire.
Presently, Council has existing dog off-leash areas at:
- Balcombe Heights Estate, Baulkham Hills.
- Bernie Mullane Sports Complex, Kellyville.
- Castle Hill Showground, Castle Hill.
- Connie Lowe Reserve, Rouse Hill.
- Coolong Reserve, Castle Hill.
- Crestwood Reserve, Baulkham Hills.
- Rutherford Avenue Reserve, Kellyville.
As identified in Council's Recreation Strategy (2019), a dog off-leash area is proposed in West Pennant Hills. Dog off-leash facilities generally consist of fenced areas with some seating and sheltered areas for dog owners, as well as access to drinking water.
The following reserves are being considered as potential sites capable of accommodating a new dog off-leash area in West Pennant Hills:
- Henry Curtis Reserve (Glenroe Avenue/Coonara Avenue - opposite the shopping centre)
- George Thornton Reserve
- Colbarra Place Reserve
- Castlewood Reserve (Highs Road side)
- Richard Webb Reserve (Aiken Road)
- Bellamy Farm Reserve (Isobell Avenue)
As part of the community consultation process, Council is providing the local community with the opportunity to provide feedback on their preferred location for a dog off-leash facility in West Pennant Hills.
Click on the image below for information about each of the existing and proposed dog off-leash areas.
Submissions are now closed.