-This Consultation Has Closed-
Council is progressing a Master Plan to revitalise Castle Hill Showground which has been a much-loved community and sporting destination for 130 years.
The aim is to create a thriving cultural hub that capitalises on surrounding development and the new high-frequency train line - supporting current users and a variety of community, arts, sporting and leisure activities.
The Master Plan is currently in the concept phase and the aim is to present a draft Master Plan to the community for feedback in late 2019/early 2020.
Artist impression of Castle Hill Showground Master Plan
These six statements are guiding the Vision for the Castle Hill Showground Master Plan:
1. Celebrate the historic value of the Showground
2. Support the emerging community through a diverse range of activities
3. Establish the Showground precinct as a vibrant regional destination
4. Become a main point of interest along the Northwest Metro Line
5. Create an economically viable precinct through day and night time offering
6. Leverage the regional parkland setting and in particular Cattai Creek