Help design a new park at Hills Showground - State Government Initiative
Landcom invites you to help design a new park in the Hills Showground Station Precinct. The park will be about 350 metres from the station and, adjacent to Carrington Road.
The park will be a ‘leafy shared backyard’ where the community can relax, exercise, play, be creative or meet with friends and family.
This is your chance to share your ideas and help shape the design of an important public space in this new neighbourhood.
Click here to view the initial park designs and share your ideas.
During the online consultation you can:
- view the initial designs and give your feedback
- complete a short online survey
- register your interest to attend an online workshop.
Complete Landcom’s online survey to have a chance of winning local business vouchers to be used in The Hills Shire to the value of $200*.
Landcom’s consultation closes 5pm, 31 August 2021.
Council at its meeting on 10 December, 2019 resolved to place on Public Exhibition the Draft Master Plan for Castle Hill Showground.
Following the recent community engagement during September and October, comments from nearly 1,000 were considered and used to inform the Master Plan.
The Master Plan has been prepared from this community engagement to represent a 30 year vision for Castle Hill Showground. The site will become a primary civic space for a new precinct of 20,000 residents.
Council's exhibition of the Master Plan to revitalise Castle Hill Showground (supporting current users and a variety of community, arts, sporting and leisure activities) has now closed.
The Draft Master Plan is available to view here
Council is progressing a Master Plan to revitalise Castle Hill Showground which has been a much-loved community and sporting destination for 130 years.
The aim is to create a thriving cultural hub that capitalises on surrounding development and the new high-frequency train line - supporting current users and a variety of community, arts, sporting and leisure activities.
Artist impression of Castle Hill Showground Master Plan
These six statements are guiding the Vision for the Castle Hill Showground Master Plan:
1. Celebrate the historic value of the Showground
2. Support the emerging community through a diverse range of activities
3. Establish the Showground precinct as a vibrant regional destination
4. Become a main point of interest along the Northwest Metro Line
5. Create an economically viable precinct through day and night time offering
6. Leverage the regional parkland setting and in particular Cattai Creek