Apply for Work Experience at Council
The Hills Shire Council supports Local Government as an exciting and rewarding career path and provides student with opportunities to gain a better understanding of the industry through Work Experience.
Important Information Regarding Work Experience at The Hills Shire Council
- Although we will consider requests from any student, priority will be given to students who live or study within our LGA
- Council can only accommodate requests for Work Experience from those who are currently studying and the experience is a requirement of their course
- Council receives a large number of requests for Work Experience and unfortunately cannot accept every request. Please allow 2 weeks for a response
- It can take between 6 to 8 weeks for Work Experience to be organised – please ensure you have provided Council with enough time to consider your request
- Although Work Experience is encouraged at The Hills Shire Council, please ensure that you have an interest in at least one of the areas within Council
- We are only able to allocate a maximum of one calendar month of work experience per student.
- Council only offers unpaid Work Experience. For paid work, please refer to our careers portal.
Prerequisites for Work Experience
- Students must provide a valid copy of their institute’s insurance documentation
- Students requesting Work Experience in our Hills Community Care department must provide a current Criminal History Check
- Students requesting Work Experience in our Child Care Centres must provide a current Working with Children Check
- Students requesting Civil Engineering Work Experience must hold a valid White Card
Civil Engineering Students please note – we can only consider requests from students who can commit to working 5 days per week and the maximum amount of days we can allocate to you is one calendar month.
Applying for Work Experience
Tertiary Work Placement or Industry Work Experience Request
To apply for Tertiary or Industry work placement please use this online form.
High School Students
If you have any questions regarding Work Experience, please contact Council via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Contact Centre on +61 2 9843 0555.
To apply for work experience, please have your supporting documentation ready and complete the following form.
Click here to view form.