Marketing Makeover Program
Expressions of interest for the Marketing Makeover have now closed.
Are you a business owner who is stuck in the ‘marketing sucks’ cycle?
Have you identified an issue, sought and paid for expert advice yet received little return on investment, engagements or assets?
Our FREE Marketing Makeover Program is here to assist you. The program is designed to provide you with a refreshed sense of confidence, independent support and strategies to assist you pursue marketing activities for your small business which work.
Assessing, researching and planning a marketing strategy will give you better results and provide clarity. With a thought-out plan, your business will be in a better position to know which marketing platforms bring the best results and how to prioritise each activity according to your budget and overall business goals.
This FREE program will allow you to better brief your marketing suppliers, enabling them to create the right content which speaks to YOUR audience.
The five outcomes your small business will achieve include:
- A marketing timeline and a more clearly define budget;
- Ability to prioritise your marketing activities across your budget – considering current assets and resources.
- Be able to leverage your market activities across a projected timeline;
- Identify the service providers necessary to active your plans;
- Provide stronger briefs to marketing providers, setting clear expectations and the means to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities.
Who is this program designed for?
The Marketing Makeover Program is designed to assist local business owners who:
- Feel their current online presence and marketing do not reflect their business ethos and offering correctly;
- Are looking to re-brand and refine their marketing approach;
- Are looking to grow and expand their business;
- Are currently undertaking a ‘scattered approach’ to their marketing activities; and/or
- Are dissatisfied with the result from their marketing-related service providers and/or receiving a poor return on their investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How is the program structured?
The program is five hours a week for four weeks, commencing from 9, 10 and 11 August 2022 from 9.30am and 2.30pm and concluding on 30, 31 August 2022/1 September 2022.
The workshops will be delivered in a small group environment (groups of ten) and are highly interactive. Businesses of similar scale and maturity will be grouped together, whilst also being sensitive to potential overlapping industries within each group.
Please note that lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
When are the workshops running?
All workshops will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm across the following dates.
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022
- Tuesday, 16 August 2022
- Tuesday, 23 August 2022
- Tuesday, 30 August 2022
- Wednesday, 10 August 2022
- Wednesday, 17 August 2022
- Wednesday, 24 August 2022
- Wednesday, 31 August 2022
- Thursday, 11 August 2022
- Thursday, 18 August 2022
- Thursday, 25 August 2022
- Thursday, 1 September 2022
Who is the presenter?
The Marketing Makeover Program (worth $3,500) will be presented by Tiz Porreca, Marketing Strategist at AMONGST and facilitated by The Hills Shire Council Economic Development team.
Where will it be located?
The program will be held face-to-face.
Group 1 will meet at The Hills Shire Council Administration Building, 3 Columbia Court, Norwest 2153.
Group 2 and Group 3 will meet at Castle Grand, Tribute Room, Corner of Pennant & Castle Streets, Castle Hill 2154.
What will I need to bring?
Each participant will be required to bring a laptop or tablet to access the internet (The Hills Shire Council WIFI will be available) to complete the workshops.
What reporting will I be required to do on the completion of the program?
Participants will be required to fill out two surveys from The Hills Shire Council to capture how the program attributed to your business’ growth over the short and medium term. All survey information collected will be confidential and used for internal reporting purposes only.
When will I know of next steps?
Expression of interest applications will close on 24 June 2022. Applicants will be notified of their success to the program by July 11 2022, including those who did not meet the criteria for the program.
Please note due to the competitive application process, participants will be required to attend all four workshops once accepted into the program. Participants will NOT be able to swap between groups to attend on different days once the program has commenced.