About the Box Hill Release Area
Box Hill and Box Hill Industrial Precinct
Please note: Further information on the Box Hill and Box Hill North Precincts will be added to this page in the near future.
The State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) Amendment (The Hills Growth Centres Precincts) 2013 was published in the Government Gazette Notification no. 137 on 5 April 2013.
The amendment rezones the Box Hill and Box Hill Industrial Precincts from RU2 Rural Landscape to a range of urban zones under the Standard Instrument Template. The amending SEPP and DCP addresses a range of matters from zoning, subdivision, dwelling design, exempt and complying development and integrated water management. In summary, the SEPP will:
- provide for approximately 9,600 dwellings;
- provide for retail and commercial development, within one town centre, three villages;
- provide for power, water and sewer infrastructure and local services;
- protect areas of environmental and cultural heritage; and
- make provision for exempt and complying development in the DCP.
Box Hill and Box Hill Industrial Precincts Development Control Plan (DCP)
The associated Box Hill and Box Hill Industrial Development Control Plan (DCP) has also been adopted and came into force on 23 April 2013.
Copies of the Amending SEPP and Box Hill DCP are available at planning.nsw.gov.au.