Planning Proposal - Draft DCP & Draft VPA - 55 Coonara Ave 1/2018/PLP
Submissions Close 31 May 2019
Planning Proposal, draft Development Control Plan and draft Voluntary Planning Agreement - 55 Coonara Avenue, West Pennant Hills (Lot 61 DP 737386) – 1/2018/PLP.
Council has received a Gateway Determination to proceed with a Planning Proposal applying to land at 55 Coonara Avenue, West Pennant Hills. The Planning Proposal seeks to allow a maximum of 600 dwellings on the site through the following amendments to The Hills Local Environment Plan 2012:
- Re-zoning of the land from B7 – Business Park to part;
- R4 High Density Residential;
- R3 Medium Density Residential;
- E2 Environmental Conservation; and
- RE1 Public Recreation;
- Amend the Height of Buildings Map to facilitate building heights of up to 9m, 12m and 22m;
- Amend the Minimum Lot Size Map to include minimum lot sizes ranging from 700m² to 10ha;
- Amend the Floor Space Ratio Map to remove the floor space ratio applying across the site; and
- Introduce a site specific provision to facilitate:
- A dwelling cap of 600 dwellings; and
- ‘Micro-lot housing’ subject to submission of an application for both subdivision and dwelling design.
Delegation for making of the amendment has not been issued to Council under the Gateway Determination.
In support of the planning proposal, a draft Development Control Plan (DCP) and draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) for the site are also being exhibited concurrently. The draft DCP provides further guidance on the outcomes for the site. The draft VPA secures development contributions in association with the development including a new playing field and traffic infrastructure.
The planning proposal, draft DCP and draft VPA are now on exhibition and are available for inspection at the following additional locations:
- Council’s Customer Service Centre: 3 Columbia Court, Norwest (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm).
- Castle Hill Library: Corner of Castle Street and Pennant Street, Castle Hill (Monday – Friday 9:30am – 8pm, Saturday 9:30am – 5pm and Sunday 1pm – 5pm).
Enquiries - Council's Forward Planning Team on 02 9843 0597.
Submissions have closed.