Draft Landscape Master Plan – Kellyville Park
Submissions Close 26 July 2019
Council at its meeting on 11 June 2019 resolved to place on Public Exhibition an amended version of the Draft Landscape Master Plan with Statement of Intent for Kellyville Park.
The Draft Master Plan and Statement of Intent has been prepared for Kellyville Park to assist in catering for future urban growth and Council’s on-going needs, and to provide an elite premier rugby league facility for the Shire. The premier facility will offer pathway opportunities for local athletes to progress in the code beyond grassroots level into representative and elite levels whilst being able to remain in the local area, as well as delivering a Centre of Excellence, whilst retaining its local community based context.
The beneficiaries of the re-development of Kellyville Park include:
- NSW Cup (Men and Women’s)
- Jersey Flegg (Men and Women’s)
- Junior representative program (Boys and Girls)
- NRL Women program
- Junior League Grand Finals
- Try Time Rugby League
- Wheelchair Rugby League
- Physical Disability Rugby League
- PSSA competitions and various School Gala days
- Range of elite Touch Football competitions
- League Tag competitions (adult and school age)
- NRL training facility
The key components in the Draft Master Plan are:
- Provision of a Centre of Excellence – the Centre of Excellence will initially be a temporary facility
- Delivery of 4 full size rugby league fields inclusive of upgraded floodlighting, new irrigation and drainage
- Extension of the current field 7
- Construction of new car parking
- Provision of new amenities buildings
Additional works include new pathways, provision of park furniture, a playground and landscaping.
Given the expected population growth as a result of the adjacent rail corridor, significant extra demand will be placed on Council to provide more playing fields and opportunities for athletes to progress in their chosen sport in the local area. The most cost efficient method of meeting this demand is to better utilise the facilities Council already manages rather than purchasing additional land at significantly greater costs. The upgrade and re-development of Kellyville Park is an appropriate method of increasing capacity and functionality.
The Draft Landscape Master Plan and Statement of Intent for Kellyville Park is now on exhibition and available for inspection at the following locations:
- Council’s website (see Related Information on this page)
- Customer Service Centre of Council’s Administration Complex: 3 Columbia Court, Norwest (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm).
- Castle Hill Library: Corner of Castle Street and Pennant Street, Castle Hill (Monday – Friday 9:30am – 8pm, Saturday 9:30am – 5pm and Sunday 1pm – 5pm).
ENQUIRIES: Open Space and Recreation Team on 02 9843 0235.
Submissions have closed.