Proposal & Draft Development Controls 522 Windsor Rd Baulkham Hills
Submissions Close 12 May 2017
Planning Proposal and Development Control Plan amendments applicable to land at 522 Windsor Road, Baulkham Hills (17/2016/PLP)
Council received Gateway Determination on 21 March 2017 to proceed with a Planning Proposal at 522 Windsor Road, Baulkham Hills. The proposed amendments will facilitate a seniors living development and supporting services on the subject site.
The planning proposal seeks to amend The Hills Local Environmental Plan 2012 as follows:
- Apply a floor space ratio of 0.9:1 to the site;
- Amend Schedule 1 to include the following additional permitted uses:
- ‘seniors housing’ capped at a total of 190 residential aged care beds and self-care units, comprising no more than 120 - residential aged care beds and no more than 70 self-care units,
- ‘restaurant or café’ with the amount of floor space capped at 100m2,
- ‘shops’ with the amount of floor space capped at 100m2,
- ‘child care centre’,
- ‘business premises’ with the amount of floor space capped at 100m2; and
- Identify the site on the Additional Permitted Uses Map.
Delegation for making of the LEP 2012 has been issued to Council under the Gateway Determination.
Council is also proposing additional amendments to The Hills Development Control Plan 2012 Part B Section 2 – Residential. The amendments include the insertion of site specific development controls such as site planning, traffic and access, building heights, privacy, communal open space and density. The controls seek to ensure future built form responds to, and integrates with, surrounding land uses and minimises amenity impacts on adjacent residential development.
Enquiries: Ashley Cook, Town Planner on (02) 9843 0382.
Online Submissions have now closed.