2019 - 2020 Draft Hills Shire Plan
Submissions Close 12 June 2019
The Hills Shire Council is calling for the community to view and comment on the draft 2019 - 2020 HILLS SHIRE PLAN - a five part document that provides the framework by which the organisation plans to operate during the next financial year.
The Hills Shire Plan consists of the following five documents:
- Hills Future Community Strategic Plan
- Sets the long term Strategic Direction for The Hills Shire, prepared following community consultation.
- 2017-2021 Delivery Program
- Communicates what Council will deliver over its four year term and it is updated each year with new actions.
- 2019-2020 Operational Plan
- Details the activities Council proposes to carry out in the next financial year.
- 2017-2021 Resourcing Strategy
- Consists of the Long Term Financial Plan, Asset Management Strategy, Workforce Strategy and draft Fees and Charges proposed for the next financial year.
- Community Engagement Strategy / Community Participation Plan
The Community Strategic Plan ‘Hills Future’ sets the long term Strategic Direction for the Hills Shire and was prepared after extensive community consultation. This document is structured around five themes. These themes reflect the highest priority issues raised by the community. Under each theme there are various outcomes. These reflect what the community wanted.
What Council will do to deliver the outcomes is reflected under the strategies. Effectiveness of these will be measured by the quality of life measures identified.
The Delivery Program responds to the Hills Future Strategic Direction and its main purpose is to communicate what Council will deliver to the community over its four year term and it is updated each year with any new actions that are required.
The Operational Plan sets out in detail the activities Council proposes to carry out in the next financial year and will be contributing to achieving the Council outcomes under each theme.
Resourcing Strategy consists of the Long Term Financial Plan (LTFP), Asset Management Strategy and the Workforce Strategy.
Long Term Financial Plan details all the financial policies upon which the LTFP has been prepared and it contains the Operating Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow Statements for the next 10 years. It also shows how the Budget Result reconciles to the Operating Surplus.
The Asset Management Strategy under the draft Resourcing Strategy outlines all capital improvements Council plans to carry out in 2018-2019 and an indication of what is planned for the next three years.
Also included is a schedule of draft Fees and Charges proposed for the next financial year.
The draft Plan can be viewed on this webpage or at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 3 Columbia Court, Norwest or at any of Council’s Shire libraries.
If you would like a copy mailed to you contact Julie Watson on 02 9843 0106 or email jwatson@ thehills.nsw.gov.au
f your query relates to the Community Participation Plan contact Ellen McCormack on 02 9843 0519 or email emccormack@ thehills.nsw.gov.au
Residents are invited to provide a written submission on the Draft Hills Shire Plan by Wednesday 12 June 2019 by either:
- Completing the online submission below or
- Mailing your submission to the Chief Financial Officer, The Hills Shire Council, PO Box 7064 Norwest NSW 2153
Click here to view form.