Sports Ground Information
Following grounds are closed
A H Whaling
Remaining grounds are Open at Clubs' Discretion
Ground conditions are reviewed daily from Monday to Friday. The web page is updated by 3pm after each review.
Please Note: The above information is only updated as required, following or during wet weather events and/or ground maintenance.
More Ways to receive Wet Weather Notifications
1) Wet Weather Phone Update - +61 2 9843 0354
During inclement weather information regarding sports ground closures will be recorded by 2pm each day leading up to the weekend. A final decision for the weekend will be recorded by 2pm Friday.
2) Mobile Phone SMS Updates - TEXTHillsgrounds to 1992 27 67 (total cost for sending and receiving text message is $0.55 inc GST). For SMS help call 1300 767 306.
Within a few seconds you will receive a text message back with notification of open and closed sporting grounds. During inclement weather information regarding sports ground closures will be updated by 2pm each day leading up to the weekend. A final decision for the weekend will be updated by 2pm Friday.
Why has Council closed the Sports Ground?
Council decides to close grounds based on:
- The potential for injury to players.
- The sport played and the potential for damage to the playing surface.
- The weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology.
- The condition of the ground when inspected.
Grounds closures can occur at short notice.
Neither sporting clubs nor Parks 355 Management Committees have authority to approve the use of sporting grounds when Council has closed the grounds. Clubs or schools using closed fields will be liable for the full cost of repairs and may lose their licence agreement with Council.
In instances where Council information has deemed all grounds open, clubs or umpires and referees may choose to close specific grounds to prevent injury to players. When this occurs, club representatives should erect the grounds closed sign and contact the affected visiting clubs and teams.