Welcome to the July edition of The Hills Shire Council's Library e-newsletter.
In this edition...
An Evening of Crime with Dr Leah Giarratano
Tuesday 26 June 7.30pm - 8.30pm
Join clinical psychologist and host of Channel 7’s top rating Beyond the Darklands program Dr Leah Giarratano as she discusses her bestselling crime novels. Inspired by her experiences working in the field Leah’s novels expertly explore the criminal mind.
Sonya Phillips Room, Castle Hill Library
COST: $5 PER PERSON TICKETS ESSENTIAL, ON SALE NOW (http://leahgiarratanoch.eventbrite.com/)
Wanted! Preloved Books
The Friends of the Hills Library are running their annual bargain book sale and they’re looking for donations of preloved books. Topics of great interest include craft, fantasy, travel, non-fiction, children’s books, fiction and CDs and DVDs. Note: computer books, text books, encyclopaedias and magazine cannot be accepted.
Dates: Saturday 9, 16 and 23 June
Time: 10am - 1pm each day
Location: Sonya Phillips Room, Castle Hill Library
The Annual Bargain Book Sale
Will take place on Friday 29 June 5pm - 8pm & Saturday 30 June 10am - 3pm
Pioneer Room, Castle Hill Community Centre
An Evening with Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
Tuesday 24 July 7.30pm - 8.30pm
Join Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer as they read from and discuss their new book ‘Between the Lines’ as well as answer questions from the audience.
Jodi and Samantha will be signing copies of their books which will be available to purchase on the night.
Venue: Pioneer Room, Castle Hill Community Centre, 14 Pennant Street Castle Hill
Tickets available online from 9am Monday 25 June.
Chinese Magazines Online
If you love magazines and are able to read Chinese, then this resource is for you!
Chinese Magazines Online is our collection of over 3000 Chinese newspapers and magazines digitised for easy access. Updated daily it is a great way to keep up to date with news and current events from China and is also an excellent resource for recreational reading in Chinese. With such a large number of magazines there is something for everyone and topics include news and current events, fashion, cooking, gardening, technology, finances and much more.
You can access the Chinese Magazines Online through the library website from the 24 Hour Digital Library or click here.
New in the Library
- The Innocent - Davis Baldacci
- Crystal Gardens - Amanda Quick
- Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris
- The Light Between the Oceans - M.L. Stedman
- The Prisoner - Robert Muchamore
- Rainshadow Road - Lisa Kleypas
- Rage of the Dragon - Margaret Weiss
- Star Wars : The Clone Wars : Defenders of the Republic - Rob Valois
- Tara : Catch Me If I Fall - Meredith Costain
- Unnatural Acts - Stuart Woods
- Wattle Creek - Fiona McCallum
- What Doesn’t Kill You - Iris Johansen
- The Wind Through the Keyhole - Stephen King
- The Witness - Nora Roberts
Good Health, Good Food & Good Living
- The Woman Who Changed Her Brain : and Other Inspiring Stories of Pioneering Brain Transformation - Barbara Arrowsmith-Young
- Dignifying Dementia : A Caregiver’s Struggle - Elizabeth Tierney (eBook)
- Easy Growing : Organic Herbs and Edible Fowers from Small Spaces - Gayla Trail
- Greek : Heart-warming Traditional Recipes - Pamela Clark
- Life is Huge!: Laughing, Loving and Learning from it All - by Susan Jeffers (eBook)
- Slow Cooker 2 : 100 Brand New Recipes - Sally Wise
- Parenting Without Power Struggles : Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids While Staying Calm, Cool and Collected - Susan Stiffelman
- Parenting Made Easy : How to Raise Happy Children - Sue Atkins
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened : (a mostly true memoir) - Jenny Lawson
- Living with Max - Chloe Maxwell.
- Prague Winter : A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948 - Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
- Wilkie Collins - Peter Ackroyd
- The Wolf Pit - Will Cohu
Click here to access our Digital Library.
Click here to access the Library catalogue.
The Hills Shire Library on Facebook & Twitter
To keep up with the latest news about The Hills Shire Library Service like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.