Sportsground Wet Weather Status
- This page is updated at approx 3pm only if, and when, required as a result of changes due to wet weather or scheduled ground maintenance. Ground conditions are reviewed daily from Monday to Friday.
- During inclement weather information regarding sports ground closures will also be posted on Twitter & Facebook.
The Hills Shire Council Wet Weather Status Update:
All Sportsgrounds are OPEN - please note Coolong Reserve, Castle Hill is open for competition matches from this weekend (Sat 29 April) at club's discretion.
Associations and Clubs are reminded that, where cricket wickets have been turfed the club is responsible to determine if the area is fit for play. All barriers that are moved for games are to be replaced at the end of play and no training is to occur on these areas until further notice.
Why has Council closed the Sports Ground?
Council decides to close grounds based on:
- The potential for injury to players.
- The sport played and the potential for damage to the playing surface.
- The weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology.
- The condition of the ground when inspected.
Grounds closures can occur at short notice.
Neither sporting clubs nor Parks 355 Management Committees have authority to approve the use of sporting grounds when Council has closed the grounds. Clubs or schools using closed fields will be liable for the full cost of repairs and may lose their licence agreement with Council.
In instances where Council information has deemed all grounds open, clubs or umpires and referees may choose to close specific grounds to prevent injury to players. When this occurs, club representatives should erect the grounds closed sign and contact the affected visiting clubs and teams.