Friends of the Hills Library
Friends of the Hills Library Inc.
The Friends of the Hills Library is a community group which was formed in 1994 and have raised over $100,000. The role of the Friends is to promote and support The Hills Shire Library Service.
The Friends meet at Castle Hill Library on the second Thursday each month, please check Library Events for exact details.
A variety of fundraising events are held throughout the year to raise money for The Hills Shire Library Service.
The Friends of The Hills Library would like to take the opportunity to thank all who supported this year’s Book Sale.
Over $7800 was raised and all proceeds will be used to provide new resources for The Hills Shire Library Service!
Joining and Benefits
It is easy to join the Friends of the Hills Library Inc. Simply visit one of our five library branches and complete a membership form.
Membership is $7 per annum and entitles you to:
- Automatic membership to The Hills Shire Library Service
- 12 free reservations a year
- A discount at the following local businesses
- House of Fraser (Castle Towers)
- Chapters Cafe (Castle Hill Library)
- Lyn's fine needlework, patchwork and quilting (Baulkham Hills)
The Friends of the Hills Library support The Hills Shire Library Service in the following ways;
- Purchasing extra books; fiction, non-fiction, junior graphic novels, talking books and large print books
- Purchasing equipment such as display stands, lecterns and cameras.
- Christmas Gifts for the Housebound Library customers
- Funding special programs
The Friends of the Hills Library organise regular events including:
- An Annual Book Sale to be held in May in 2013
- The Castle Hill Library Book Club which meets on the first Thursday of the month at 10.30am at Castle Hill Library. Please see Library Events calendar for exact dates. Everyone is welcome for the first visit, a Friend's membership is needed to attend after that.
- Meetings (see Library Events and Library notice board for details)
The Friends are putting the call our for wool to start their annual Wrap with Love project. Every year thousands of need people's lives are made more comfortable as a result of the efforts achieved by the program. They require lots of wool donations to keep going. Be generous and donate wool at any Hills Shire Library and you can be sure it will help to keep somebody warm.
Back to top